Griffs Deli had 28,609 website page views in October 2019.
Griffs Deli is a fast casual located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Hangout Creative was tasked with redesigning it’s website in 2014 and 2018 to better serve customers needs.
Hangout Creative originally redesigned the Griffs Deli website in 2014. There were couple main objectives for the new website:
- Website needed a responsive design as 68% of traffic was mobile
- Feature every menu item with images, description and updated prices
While the 2014 redesign fulfilled the two main objectives it left more to be desired. The website was clunky, the layout was confusing and the WordPress theme proved to be difficult to work with. There were a lot of things that prevented the website from reaching it’s intended purpose.
The website redesign in 2018 corrected these issues. Built on WordPress with the WP Bakery Builder plugin on the Jupiter 6 theme the new layout allows easy edits and add-ons. Other areas the new design vastly improved were:
- Call to Action – Added a call to action focused on the website’s most used feature, the menu. Later changed to online ordering.
- Speed – Takes 1.20 seconds to completely load the website. Makes browsing seamless and enjoyable.
- Layout and Navigation – Simple, organized and easy to follow.
- Improved Catering Page – Formerly the catering page was a PDF menu users could download on their computer or device and view. Now the entire catering menu can be reviewed on a web page. A request form was also added to help facilitate in the sale of catering orders.
- Photography and Videography – Elements of Griffs Deli’s photography and videography used for other area of it’s marketing mix, namely social media and television advertising, were used to enhance the overall look and credibility of the website.
- Improved Search Engine Optimization – The language was more thought out, improved keywords based on how users were finding the website and cleaned up snippets for Google to crawl and index.
Griffs Deli is very active in the community and switches things in-store based on the season. As we do with several clients their website is updated to help promote current business initiatives. Notable items that are added to the website based on the time of year are:
- Charitable events
- Gift Card Promotions
- Holiday Hours
- Awards and accolades
- New menu items
A major feature that was added to Griffs point-of-sale system was Online Ordering. The online ordering button can be found on the navigation header, on the home and menu page. It’s helped increase orders, cleared up the phones lines so employees can focus on customer service and orders.
Successes in October 2019
- Website averaged 150 users a day
- Website average 923 page views a day
- 93% of website traffic was through organic search namely Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.